Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home4/drsimon/public_html/wp-content/plugins/_inbound-now/core/cta/classes/class.cta.render.php on line 351
31 Healthy and Portable High-Protein Snacks
Whether its fueling up before hitting the gym or taking a midday snack break to avoid the 2 p.m. lull, high-protein snacks are the tastiest way to keep on going. Protein snacks are the perfect way to fill up just enough, and give us longer-lasting energy than the usual, carb-heavy options. Here are 31 of our favorite protein-packed snacks!
1. Cottage-Style Fruit: Top 1/2 cup cottage cheese with 1/2 cup of your favorite fruit. Not sure what fruit to pick? Try some superfoods! Bananas, mixed berries, and melon are a few Greatist favorites.
2. Beef or Turkey Jerky
3. Mixed Nuts or Trail Mix
4. Pumpkin Seeds
5. Hard-Boiled Eggs
6. Nut Butter Boat
7. Deli Rollup
8. Mini Bean-and-Cheese Quesadilla
9. Shake It Up
10. KIND Bar
11. Chunky Monkey Shake
12. Easy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
13. Tofu Sticks
14. Edamame Poppers : The only thing more fun than how much protein you can get from a serving of edamame (one cup offers about 17 grams of protein!) is getting to eat these little beans out of their bright green pods. Buy them fresh and steam for about 6 minutes, or use the pre-cooked frozen variety and briefly microwave to defrost (about 2 minutes) before chowing down.
23. A Little Lentil : We know what you’re thinking: “Lentils? As a snack?!” Yes! Don’t worry, we’re not talking about a bowl of the bland ol’ things. Lentils are great protein-packed legumes that are easy to turn into super, shelf-stable salads. One cup has a whopping 22 grams of protein in just 300 calories! Not sure where to start? Try this lentil tabbouleh or this simple veggie and lentil mix.
24. Grape-and-Cheese Sticks
25. Perfect Little Parfait
26. Mini Black-Bean Mash Taco
27. Gobble, Gobble
28. Protein Bar
29. Overnight Choco-Oats
30. Recovery Rice Crispies
31. Blueberry Flax Microwave Muffins
Image courtesy of greatist.com