Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home4/drsimon/public_html/wp-content/plugins/_inbound-now/core/cta/classes/class.cta.render.php on line 351
Top 10 Foods That Do Not Increase Blood Sugar:
Ever see the top 10 lists for foods everyone should eat to superpower your diet? Ever wonder which will mesh with your diabetes meal plan? Wonder no more. Your list of the top 10 diabetes superfoods has arrived.
As with all foods, you need to work the diabetes superfoods into your individualized meal plan in appropriate portions.
All of the foods in our list have a low glycemic index or GI and provide key nutrients that are lacking in the typical western diet such as:
- vitamins A (as carotenoids), C, and E.
There isn’t research that clearly points to supplementation, so always think first about getting your nutrients from foods. Your body needs carbs. But you want to choose wisely. A proper diabetic meal plan is very important in controlling blood sugar. Use this list as a guide.
- Whole-grain flours, such as whole wheat flour
- Whole grains, such as brown rice
- Cereals containing whole-grain ingredients and little added sugar
- Whole-grain bread
- Baked sweet or white potato or baked steak fries
- Whole-grain flour or corn tortillas
- Corn, popcorn or products made from corn
Worst Choices for Optimal Blood Sugar
- White flour
- Processed grains, such as white rice
- Cereals with little whole grain and lots of sugar
- White bread
- French fries
- Fried white-flour tortillas